All units (packs, troops, teams, crews, posts) are required to renew their affiliation with Scouting each year. Through the process, chartering (sponsoring) organizations, youth member and adult leader information are updated as well as registration fees and Boy’s Life subscriptions are collected/paid.
A representative of each unit can now complete the paperwork for renewing a charter online. With Online Rechartering, you can indicate returning members, add new members, and update information for an individual or the chartered organization.
Youth protection training is required for ALL registered adult leaders listed on your recharter. Leaders that need to complete YPT should visit My.Scouting.org to complete Youth Protection Training prior to rechartering.
Each unit must select an adult to be its renewal processor and a single login/password is provided.
Recharter Deadline is November 30th 2020.
For questions, please call your district executive.
|Two Rivers||Lilly Pinhas||937-665-1068|
|Wayne Trace||John King||937-665-1062|
|Wright Brothers||Jay Shankel||937-665-1061|
Fees for All Units:
- Registration – $66 per youth (Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Sea Scouts) and $42 per adult. $42 per Exploring youth.
- Registration Insurance – $2 per registration
- Boys Life – $12 per subscription
- Unit Charter Fee – $75.00 per unit
- $25 joining fee for new youth (does not apply if previously registered in any BSA program)
Recharter Resources: You will need to print the following and include with your recharter paperwork.
Required documents to turn in to the council in order to finalize the process:
- All pages of the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package (no draft copies please).
- BSA/Exploring Adult or Youth applications for everyone listed as “new” on the Charter Renewal Report Package. Adult applications MUST include a signed Disclosure/Authorization form.
- Youth Protection Training Certificates (Youth Protection Training is available online at http://my.scouting.org)
- One check — made payable to Miami Valley Council.
- The final paperwork must include appropriate signatures on all individual adult and youth applications and on the Charter Renewal Application. The lack of appropriate signatures will delay processing of your charter renewal.
- Every adult leader must provide confirmation of YPT before turning in the final renewal paperwork. Youth Protection Training is required for all adult leaders and must have been completed since after February 1, 2018. (YPT certificates may be printed at http://my.scouting.org)
Other documents strongly encouraged to be turned-in:
Journey to Excellence Form: JTE forms are available online at: https://www.scouting.org/awards/journey-to-excellence/scorecards/2019-scorecards-english/
Additional useful forms (Membership Inventory, Unit Budget Plan, New Youth & Adult Applications, etc.) may be found on scouting.org: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/Forms.aspx and can be printed and used to assist in the completion of your unit’s 2020 charter renewal.