Join us at the Summit!
Every year, Scouting for Food is Miami Valley Council’s largest food drive. All Packs, Troops, Crews, and Posts are encouraged to participate in this council-wide Good Turn for America during the month of March to help the Miami Valley Council continue to grow the number of pounds donated to local food banks in our five-county area.
How to Report your Service Hours
Scouting is all about service. Scouts and adult volunteers perform service to others through such efforts as Scouting For Food, Eagle Scout projects, neighborhood cleanups, flag placement on Memorial Day weekend, and much, much more.
While we do a great job at providing service, do we make sure our pack, troop, crew, or post is getting credit for it? Reporting your service hours is a fairly simple process. The information you need in order to report your project will be the number of registered youth, other youth, registered adults, other adults, total number of hours for the project, type of project, who it benefits, a brief description of your project, and finally your unit ID (if you don’t know what this is, please email email@example.com with your unit number and it will be sent to you).
- Log in to my.scouting.org.
- Go to Legacy Webtools
- Click on Service Hours Reporting
- If this is your first time reporting a service project, click on New Users Click Here and follow the steps, including putting in your unit ID (5 or 9 digit number provided by the council office), type of unit (pack, troop, crew, post), and unit number (it must be done as a 4 digit number, such as 0343). Follow the steps to create your username and password.
- For returning users, put in your username and password and login.
- Click on “Would you like to report a Service Project? Click Here.”
- Click on the type of service project – in this example we will click on Food Collection.
- Fill in all the blanks starting with the date of the service project.
- When finished, click submit. You may print a certificate if you desire.
Please note that while keeping track of service hours in Scoutbook is easy to do, the information doesn’t get reported to Good Turn For America. To get credit for your project for Journey To Excellence, please follow the above steps. Thank you for all you are doing for Scouting!
Join scouts from all across the nation to experience the wide world of Scouting! Hosted at Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia, come experience the latest and greatest in Scouting.
Our goal as the Miami Valley Council is to become the most impactful youth organization in our region; to be known as a force for good; to build stronger communities and tomorrow's leaders.