The Miami Valley Council, BSA is looking to immediately hire a part-time Program Aide for our Outreach program. If you are interested, see the job description below, and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scouting Experience is not required.
Scoutreach Program Aide
Execute high quality Scouting programs at sites/schools located in underserved communities in accordance with the Miami Valley Council’s Mission Statement.
• Ensure the delivery of quality programs in all Scouting Units o Review and become familiar with program materials o Follow the prescribed lesson plans, as outlined.
• Complete Fast Start, Youth Protection, This is Scouting, leader-specific training, and other advanced training deemed necessary for their areas of responsibility.
• Prepare the program materials, Scouting literature, and other support needed according to the weekly lesson plan.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with site coordinators and staff.
• Participate in scheduled or called meetings.
• Serve as an ambassador of the Scouting program who is always striving to deliver the mission of the program.
• Strive to ensure that every youth participant will have the opportunity to earn a minimum of one rank advancement during the program year.